New firmware version 3.00 !!!
- Generation of a unique GMFC license key, independent of the PC and disk formatting. Having a GMFC license (LIGHT, PRO, EXPERT) is required.
- Works under any Windows version that supports USB from win98 to Windows 10, including 64 bit Windows versions.
- 10, 20, and 50 KHz internal timer for smooth accelerations. The internal timer allows the support of motor interfaces that don’t have a timer.
- Compatible with most existing step/dir unipolar and bipolar motor interfaces. Fully configurable Dir/Step outputs. Motor Enable on parallel port pin 1 or 17.
- Wire heat support. The heat LED must be connected for the wire to work.
- Optional display of the heat and parameters using a LCD display. 1,2, and 4 line LCD displays are supported by the V3 firmware.
- Support of the RepRap panel using a LCD adapter board (V3 firmware).
- Automated recognition of the interface parameters by GMFC (from version 3.89.14).
- Full compatibility with the former MMUSB interface.
- Programming of the MM2001 PIC firmware. The MM2001 firmware V5.1 is required in MMUSB mode, and the MM2001 firmware MM2001_GGC is required in GGC mode.
- Configuration through the ggc_utilityV3 software that also allows the programming of the MM2001 PIC firmware.
- Documentation of the V3 version.
- Documentation of the V2 version.
A GMFC license is associated to a single GGC/MMUSB interface. If you need several GGC/MMUSB interfaces, you must buy one GMFC license (and USB add-on) per interface.If you want to upgrade an MMUSB to a GGC interface, there are two solutions:
- you send me back the MMUSB and I will change the serial number, then you can resell the MMUSB;
- you buy a full new GMFC license and you resell the previous one with the MMUSB.
The GGC adapter is connected to the PC via the USB cable. A USB cable of type B (printer type) is necessary.
Run GMFC (from version 3.89.14). Then open the dialog “GMFC/Table configuration”. In the the “Driver and Hardware interface” frame, select “USB”. The GGC parameters, such as its type and the timer value are automatically recognized.
Note that with the GGC adapter, the timer frequency is specified internally. The timer value is either 10Khz (100us), 20Khz (50us) or 50Khz (20us).
If you have a MM2001 motor interface and if the wire heat is managed by the MM2001 interface, the heat precision is determined by the MM2001 timer. The frequency of the MM2001 timer should be set to 4Khz.
Details on configuring the GGC interface are described in the online documentation. Please read it carefully.
GMFC license and the GGC
The GGC adapter is supported by all GMFC versions. The GGC adapter provides an unique license key that is independent of the PC and disk formatting. To validate the USB licence, open the dialog “Help/About”.
Now click on the “Get license” button.
Just send me the code, and I will mail you back a license key that will work on any PC. Therefore, the GGC can be shared easily within a club.
The 30 day test period is valid with the GGC board. After that period, you will have to enter the USB license key. You can also test the GGC interface using the ggc_utilityV3 program.
A GMFC license is associated to a single GGC/MMUSB interface. If you need several GGC/MMUSB interfaces, you must buy one GMFC license (and USB add-on) per interface.
The GGC interface is now sold by me, check the shop page.